And she was SO nice and I got so flummoxed that I just said “SiSiSiSiSi!” to her question. Even though I honestly had not a single dang idea what she was saying. I didn’t understand a word of it. I just got flustered and couldn’t stop saying SI! OMG.
2. I ran up a large hill with Jimmy the other day. It involved many stairs and I was a hot mess. HOT.MESS. I am so out of shape.
3. I watched the latest Parenthood the other day (how can it almost get OVER) and ugly cried my way through the entire damn thing. What is it about Parenthood and CRYING?
4. Just started season one of Parks and Recreation. Yes, I know I’m really behind but I’m super pumped.
5. I am so happy to be blogging more regularly. It feeds my soul. I know that this is cheesy, but it’s true.
6. I talked about this recently on Instagram and it amazed me how many women could identify/commiserate. I have major hair loss and you can actually see my scalp in several places. I’ve had my blood checked and everything is fine. It’s probably genetic. I’ve started a new regimen involving oils, this shampoo, biotin, this hair powder (it darkens the scalp), and this root volumizing foam.
I have plans to crop it soon. Short. I think that’s my best bet. It’s embarrasing and I worry about it, but it is what it is. I’m just trying to make the best of it.
7. I bite my fingernails. I have my entire life. I wish I didn’t.
8. I’m posting this on the 16th. I won’t even tell you how long it took me to write it.
9. I sneeze every time I pluck my eyebrows. Is this weird?
10. I was almost late for a meeting today because I couldn’t stop reading. Seriously. I read the entire thing even though my hair was wet and drying rapidly. Even though I knew I needed to leave soon. I have the “just one more page!” syndrome. Do any of y’all suffer from this affliction too?
11. I break glasses constantly. It’s really embarassing. I chalk it up to awkwardness and flailing limbs. At our New Year’s Eve party my friend knocked over a champagne flute and instead of gracefully catching it I karate chopped it to the floor. Literally. I don’t know what’s wrong with me.
12. I am terrible at meal planning. I have the best of intentions but then I am too lazy for a big grocery store trip, or I forget the items I need, or I’m not home all day and forget to prep and run out of time to cook. It doesn’t help that the food here is SO GOOD and fresh and healthy. Takeout for the win. Sigh.
13. It is 3 pm and I’m drinking a glass of prosecco. Judge if you must. It’s ITALY dammit!
14. I hate doing laundry. I started the same three times yesterday because I left it too long in the washer and it almost mildewed. Again…what.is.wrong.with.me
15.If I’m not lying, but someone thinks I am…I completely panic. Instead of rationally stating my case I act like I am, indeed, lying. My voice gets VERY loud and high-pitched and I talk really, really fast. Jimmy is sitting next to me now and he’d like to add that I also make a really awkward face. Like I’ve smelled something stinky.
That is all. More proof that I am weird.
Now back to the prosecco.