2. This time of year terrifies me. These are the days I want to savor most, yet they go the fastest. Where are the days, weeks, months going? They fly. I can’t keep track. And I don’t like it.
3. I’m at this weird creative standstill right now. I have so much I want to do. I want to do more with this blog (I’ve had big plans for so long), I want to grow it, offer some things – not all scrapbook related, leave Typepad, go to WordPress, and so much more. And I just don’t have time. I see so many friends and women doing amazing creative things around me. Elise, for example. That girl is my hero. I love her vision, her tenacity, her creative drive, her everything. But I just don’t have the time right now. Or I can’t FIND the time. Will I ever? I don’t know. But there’s so much I want to do and share.
4. In many ways I’m the mom I hoped to be and in many I’m not. Luckily I think that the ways I’m not are the ways that don’t really matter. But still. I’m not the mom that ever does my girls hair in cute ways. I imagined braids and bows. Nope, I’m a ponytail girl. If even that. Silly, yes. But still something I think about.
5. I just finished Season 1 of Transparent on Amazon. If I thought I loved Jeffrey Tambor from Arrested Development…I truly had no idea how amazing he was until this show. He breaks my heart.
6. At least once a day I “lose” my wallet. Every single time it’s in my purse exactly where it’s supposed to be. And every time I can’t find it. And my purse isn’t even that big. I start flapping my hand around like a maniac, digging frantically… and my heart starts pounding and then I find it. Right where it was the last time I used it. Sigh.
7. I write things on my left hand as reminders to myself. I realize this is a little weird but I’ve been doing it my entire life. I didn’t even realize it might be weird until I caught myself doing it the other day and said to myself “Self- I don’t think this is something normal people do!”
8. I put my coffee pot on the stove without coffee in it all.the.time. And I’m always so confused when only water comes out?!?!?!
9. I want to write a series of children’s books about coping with deployments. I envision the books as a mom and her girls going on adventures and becoming stronger+better while daddy is gone.
10. Those packages I told you about last month? Haven’t been mailed yet. But they are now in the back of my van and I guarantee I won’t be talking about the post office on next month’s 15 confessions on the 15th.
11. J and I are going through a phase where we are watching horror movies. So NOT my thing. I have a blanket over my head the entire time. We don’t really ever watch them, so there are so many to choose from. The other night we watched The Descent. I won’t even tell you how many times I screamed. Seriously scary.
12. My hair is so thin. It actually really scares me when I imagine what it will be like ten, twenty, thirty years from now. Do any of you have this problem? Is there anything I can do? I haven’t ever had super thick hair but I lost a LOT with each baby and now it’s so so so thin.
13. We have been in this apartment one year and four months and we are STILL putting things up on the wall. We just added this map (saved up for and ordered MANY months ago- it’s just been in a corner) to the wall behind our couch. I LOVE it. We still have many blank walls and bare windows. That’s what the military life does to you, ha!
14. We’ve been using Essential oils to try to combat all of the sickies that usually happen around here in the winter. Cate has already been on steroids two times this year for her asthma and I do not want another year like last year (she’d already been in the hospital once by now). I don’t know if oils really work (to be honest, I’m not convinced) but I figure it can’t hurt. She takes Flovent 2x a day, Albuterol as needed, and Cingulair every night. I worry about her a lot. So I’ve been using the diffuser and rubbing oils on her every night. We shall see.
15. I know that today isn’t the fifteenth and this is technically “15 things on the 17th” but it took me two freaking days to write this post. HELP!