1. blog whatever is authentic. whatever is truly on your mind and in your heart.
2. it can be serious, silly, short, long. note:no one said it has to be serious. but it should be authentic.
3. no judging allowed no snarky comments, no making fun, no passive agressive
digs.if you are going to read the blogs linked below, don't be
mean. nothing here is whining. it's me honestly sharing my feelings. if you feel that it's whining, then you don't have to read. 🙂
4. if you BYH, link back here. i'll add an inlinkz tool at the end of the post. i always read and comment on every single post.
5. feel free to use the graphic above. just make sure to link back to me.
okay, here goes nothing. 🙂
1. i don't like facebook anymore. the petty drama, the angry political b.s. (i can't even believe i'm seeing some of the hatred that's being spewed there), the complaining…i really think i'm over it. i like being able to easily connect with friends that are all over the globe, but i think i'm done posting there for the most part. you really see people's true colors on FB, don't you? i much prefer instagram and twitter anyway. i am just disappointed with some things i've seen on FB.
2.every time we move there are pros and cons. for example, i might have a great church, but not like the girls school. or i might love the city we live in, but dislike the home we are in. here? i love the city, the house, the scenery, the girls schools…but i don't have any friends. and i don't see that changing.
it's hard because i had the most AMAZING group of friends in sav. you know, you've heard me talk about them 93840238 times. i miss kerryellen. i miss all of the ladies that are still in savannah. it is different here because j is a student. no community of wives, no FRG. i feel very isolated.
it's only a year, and j is home every day…so i'm just fine. but man, my heart misses girlfriends.
3.i'm a little nervous about what the future will hold. we are having to make some big decisions right now. i have learned that the future doesn't always go the way you think it will. or the way you want it to. sometimes you have to give up control…and i'm not great at that.
4. i only ran a handful of times in the month of september. that makes me feel simultaneously crappy about myself…and determined to start again. i just feel like there is only time in the day for so many things.
i can't keep our home clean, take care of all four girls, be involved at school, drive the girls around town, work from home, have a healthy marriage, have the kind of relationship i want with God,scrapbook,have a blog, AND exercise. so something's got to give. and i'll tell you, that some of the things in the list above are NOT going. still figuring out how to make it work.
5. we need to find a church here. we had an amazing church home in savannah and i miss it so much. i feel like a part of me is missing…this needs to be a priority.now.
6.i have really perfected the art of saying "no thank you" in the past year. and i feel so much happier because of it. recently i've started saying "yes,please" to things that are really a good fit for me. things i want to do. and it's exciting. no more doing things because i'm supposed to. or because i feel like i have to. or because everyone else thinks they are the "in" things to do. what is this scrapbooking industry, junior high? of course it's not. so silly and i don't want to do that again.
7.i am really happy to be doing project life again. it fulfills me in a way that i didn't know i was needing to be fulfilled. i am still in a conundrum,though. it's so MUCH. two albums a year? where the hell am i going to put all of them? that's too much. still haven't figured that one out either. but it's something i love, so i'm doing it.
8.i need to get better at just letting the girls play and be loud. heck, i need to get better at actually playing with them.
9.speaking of the girls, man do they FIGHT. from the moment they wake up they fight. i.cannot.take.it. i'm about to lose my everloving mind. i've never seen anything like it. but of course, i don't have sisters. so i have no point of reference. even the babies fight! they pull each other's hair and claw/slap. dear lord have mercy on my soul.
okay. there's my random brain/heart dump for the month. i hope y'all will join in. just link through the inlinkz tool below.