It’s been way too long since I’ve done one of these!! So let’s do this!
- Is reading more this year than she ever has in her life and she couldn’t be happier.
- Is finding her work from home jobs (Gossamer Blue and 31) super fulfilling and perfect for where she is in her life right now.
- Is cherishing every moment with her last baby and is so grateful that she was given the unexpected gift of Cora. It’s the first time she’s been present and not stressed.
- Loves being back to blogging. It’s like a part of her heart and identity is back.
- Is starting to take on a few media team/ ambassador/design team projects again.
- Has been working out at the YMCA for over a year now (post to come) and it’s been life changing.
- Was promoted to Lieutenant Colonel last Friday. Watching the ceremony was incredibly moving and we couldn’t be prouder of him.
- Has read three books so far this year which is actually really truly amazing.
- Bought himself a grill for his promotion/Father’s Day and he’s treating us to incredible meals every night.
- Just finished a three month school at Norfolk and we are so very happy to have him home again. It’s just not the same without him.
- Volunteered to talk to Sadie’s class today about camping, navigating, and the Army and he’s been preparing for DAYS. He’s made countless notes, gathered gear from the basement, and even had handouts printed. Literally the cutest thing EVER.
- Is officially a tween. And she’s ROCKING it. Much more hanging out with friends, chilling in her room alone, more preening, more YouTube, more fidget spinners and slime. Her sense of humor is evolving and has become much more witty and grown up. She makes me laugh so hard.
- Has loved playing the cello this past year and has improved so much.
- Got a new bike for her 11th birthday and pretty much rules the neighborhood.
- Has developed a confidence that is inspiring.
- Comes to her parents when something is wrong and we have great,sometimes tough, conversations. I pray this continues through the years.
- Just got her spacer and her headgear and she is ROCKING it with self-confidence. J and I couldn’t be prouder of her strength.
- Is a tumbling superstar.
- Loves playing card games with her mom every night.
- Does tumbling stunts the same way she rides her bike, fearlessly agressive. And she’s giving her mom fits.
- Speaking of fits…the slime she is making and leaving everywhere is KILLLLING HER MOTHER. Slowly.
- Has a very structured schedule of her own making, with bedtime and morning routines and an organized room.
- Enjoys singing loudly in the cutest way.
- Loves and enjoys food with all of her heart, it’s a joy to watch her eat.
- Is becoming a bit more independent away from Cate, and has tried out fighting with her a bit. Her mommy is not a fan.
- Still sleeps with her “Cozy Baby” every night.
- LOVES the Elephant and Piggy books by Mo Willems.
- Has such a pure heart and innocence about her. The other day she (while sobbing) apologized for calling someone who was mean to her “stupid”. When her mommy said that didn’t sound like something she would say, she bawled “OH MOMMY I THOUGHT IT IN MY HEAD!”
- Has worn her “White Blankey” to shreds, but still sleeps with it every night and carries it around when she is at home.
- Has angry facial expressions that could KILL
- Is reading like an absolute expert and has the confidence to match.
- Still loves snuggling with Lucy at night.
- Is almost as tall as her sister but still weighs less, she’s been iiittyyy bitttty since her 4 lbs. 12 oz. debut
- Shares her food without reservation… Want a bite mommy??
- Is a holy TERROR, bless her heart. She’s destructive and curious and basically a maniac.
- Is obsessed with any and all food (including but not limited to Nutella, bananas, crackers, cookies,oranges, blueberries, cheese, chicken,milk, and ‘juicey’ which is really just ice water) and moans the entire time she eats.
- Yells DIE DIE instead of bye bye and concerns and confuses people daily.
- Loves Target, shoes, baths, and going outside (SIDE!!!!)
- Loves saying NO to everything. Including things she’s trying to say yes to.
- Rules the roost.
Whew!! These are much harder to do these days now that our family is so much larger, HA!!!
Happy Friday y’all.