So this post is more for me than for the collective you. It will probably be boring, haha! I just realized that I don’t remember ANYTHING from when the other girls were 18 months. Any thing. And considering the fact that I’m way older this time around, I’m assuming I won’t remember Cora’s babyhood either.
And I want so desperately to remember and cling to every moment, memory, sound and smell. Because she is absolutely magical.
So here are some of the things I want to remember about Cora at 18 months.
1. We call her meep because when she has her binkie in she meeps/honks at us in an indecipherable baby language.
2. She loves blueberries and bananas and cheese and fruit bars. She doesn’t really like meat of any kind and she will just go throw it in the trash can.
3. She says “geeeeeees” (hard g) when she really want something. It’s her version of please.
4. She is constantly pushing her hair out of her face, even if it’s pinned back.
5. She is obsessed with bath time.
6. She likes to walk and then just randomly jump in the middle of a step. Jumping is her jam.
7. She loves her binkie and blankey. She calls both “ginky”.
8. Yo Gabba Gabba might be her favorite thing in the universe. She yells YOOOO GA GA!
9. She is not snuggly at all. She always wants to GO and SEE and Do. She’s squirmy and independent. At bedtime she miiiiiight put her head on my shoulder for 30 seconds.
10. She is a rock star sleeper. She sleeps from 7 pm- 8 am and takes 2 1/2 to 3 hour naps.
11. She throws “fake fits”- see above- where she flops around and blows spit bubbles. It’s ridiculous and makes me laugh every time.
12. She follows her sisters all over the house and adores them.
13. She yells DIEEEEE!! at people when they leave (instead of bye) and it’s hilarous to see their responses.
14. Everyone at the YMCA loves her, she has them all wrapped around her finger. When we come in, the man at the front desk comes to get her and carries her on his shoulders all the way to the baby room. Then the ladies in the baby room fight over who gets to hug her first.
15. She likes having silly face contests with me. Her favorite face is “OHHH!!!” – see photo #1. She cracks herself up during these contests.
16. She thinks that “The Shape of You” by Ed Sheeran is about her. The oh-i-oh-i-oh-i-oh-i part specifically. She thinks it says ORA ORA ORA ORA!!!!
17. She is fascinated by dogs and calls them “wa wa” . That’s her barking noise.
18. She sings with me when I sing You Are My Sunshine. It makes my heart hurt.
19. She waits for Jimmy at the window and knocks and jumps up and down when she sees him.
20. She hums when she eats.
21. She gives amazing hugs and kisses.
22. She loves wearing shoes, but will NOT keep them on her feet. Same goes for socks.
23. She counts when I put her feet in her footsie pajamas. Whenever I put her arms and feet in sleepers I count and make her laugh and now she parrots me. WUHHH TWOOOO FEEEEEE!!!
24. She is ridiculously spoiled and loved so much I can’t put it into words.
25. She yells HI! HI HI! At anyone she sees. If the person smiles and says hi back, she is satisfied. If the person ignores her she will aggressively yell HIIIII until they respond.
She is the light of our lives and the joy in our hearts!