hey y’all! so i know i’ve been pretty absent lately…
life’s just really full and crazy right now. in a great way. 🙂
lots of company and getting ready for italy. i cannot BELIEVE that june is our last month in this house. i’m equal parts terrified and exhilarated.
i was sitting here drinking my coffee and thinking about how i really wanted to blog. but I couldn’t figure out what to blog about.
looking back through my photos from the past few months, i realized i haven’t talked much about our favorite places in newport.
so that’s what i’m talking about today. is anyone interested in reading this? i have no idea. HA! but i thought it might be fun.
here are some of our favorite places to visit in and around newport.
1. The Cliff Walk – we almost always take visitors here. the ocean, 40 steps, walking by the most gorgeous houses in newport…you just can’t beat it.
2. Ocean Drive.– breathtakingly beautiful. the beaches are lovely, the homes are amazing. it never gets old.
4. Anthony’s– best seafood in town. hands down. i have had their lobster rolls 2918302840238 and i NEVER get tired of them. so so SO good.
6. Purgatory Chasm– the best place to have a picnic.
7.Newport Creamery- i don’t even want to begin to try to count the number of Awful Awfuls we’ve consumed this past year.
8.Fort Wetherill– can’t even put this place into words. creepy, beautiful, decayed, amazing.
9. Sachuest Point Wildlife Refuge– peaceful and beautiful.
10. Favorite Restaurants
Best Seafood/Best Chowder- Anthony’s (see above)
Best Bakery- The French Confection
Best Pad Thai- Siam Square
Best Date Night/Best Tacos- Tallulah on Thames . hint- you can find the food truck at the Farmer’s Market!
Best New Restaurant- Muse by Jonathan Cartwright
Best Creme Brulee/Steak Frites: White Horse Tavern
Best Margarita (Blood Orange)- Diego’s
Best Nachos- Brick Alley Pub
Best Burger- Boss Man
Whew!! There you have it. All of our favorites. We have LOVED living here. It was like a year long vacation and it has been an absolute New England dream!
Happy Monday, y’all!