How was your weekend? Mine was um…interesting? We’ve got a sick J in the house and most of the weekend was spent laying low while he tried to feel better. And he still feels yucky today, poor thing.
I know that people talk about hating Mondays and I totally get it…but I love Mondays. Don’t kill me. I can’t help it. I love the weekends and I love being all together. But Mondays bring routine and I love a good routine. I thrive on a good routine.
So now that I’ve revealed myself to be a COMPLETE loser I’ll move on.
1. I finally got started on my Paris mini. I’m using a WeRMemoryKeepers 4×4 Instagram Album and lots of MME Market Street. I knew there was a good reason I was hoarding this collection. It’s absolutely perfect for Paris.
Lately I’m just not really feeling layouts. But I’m really wanting to make more minis. Not sure what’s happening but I think that’s the direction my creativity wants to take. Which is good b/c I have TON of trips to scrap!
2. Finding myself serously sucked into this book. I can’t put it down! I love a good family saga.
3. I loved this post by Cathy’s daughter Aidan. I love everything about it. What an awesome girl and what a testament to her awesome parents.
4. Who says Pinterest is a waste of time? Not ME! I pinned this photo at least a year ago and had it in the back of my mind when I went shopping last week. Love that I was able to use the inspiration after all this time to create the outfit above!
5. I want to cry every time I think of Parenthood being over. I know all good things must come to an end (ahem-Breaking Bad) but I will really mourn this show.
What’s on your mind? Hope you have a wonderful day!
1. If you haven’t seen Chef…rent it (or buy it!) now. J and I loved every single thing about it. But make sure you eat before you watch it. OH MY GOSH, my mouth was watering the entire time!
2. I totally bombed on the challenge this weekend. But I had a REALLY great weekend with family and friends I love. Bloody Marys, pizza, cappuccino, and playing with my kids instead of exercise? Yep, I’ll take it. One of the best weekends we’ve had in a long time.
3. Here’s my latest pile of library books. Had to start with Landline, as I adore Rainbow Rowell. I’ll let y’all know what I think!
4. We watched The Sound of Music as a family for Friday movie night this weekend. We are going to Austria soon and we’ll be doing the Sound of Music tour so I wanted to refresh my memory. The girls LOVED it and have been singing “Do, a deer, a female deer” for days. And how could I have forgotten how much I adore that film? “Reverend Mother, I have sinned.” Can’t wait to frolic in the hills. You know I’m totally going to spin around like an idiot 🙂
5. I just got an Instagram poster from Polagram and I am obsessed. I can’t wait to frame this and get it up on the wall.
Happy Monday, sweet friends!
1. I deleted my Twitter account. I don’t know…I just feel like I had too many social media accounts and things to keep up with. And I never felt a “connection” on Twitter, if that makes sense. So I deleted it and I don’t miss it a bit. My long neglected blog FB page has been so much fun lately, though. Lots of great conversations and inspiration from the community. If you get a chance, join in!
2. I finally found a really, truly good book. A beautiful book that completely consumed me. The Language of Flowers. Thank you so much to whoever recommended it. I fell in love with it.
3. I made the easiest (and most delicious) dinner in recent memory last night. My children (and J) ate until there was nothing left but a pile of bones. It was like watching ravenous little cave people.
Easy Oven-Baked Chicken Thighs (I used salt + pepper + cajun seasoning and no pam)
Sesame Garlic Green beans (I added onions and omitted the sesame oil)
4. I’m loving my workout tank from Constantly Varied Gear. It’s soft and comfy…and best of all funny. The perfect combination. 🙂
5. I’m beyond excited that my brother and his sweet wife are coming to stay with us for Thanksgiving. Planning trips to Lake Como, Sirmione, Venice, and Florence!
6. The new Gossamer Blue collections are finally available for purchase. YAY! Hurry and get ya some! I’m in love with all three. And I am NOT saying that because I have to. They are amazing. The labels, the cork, the tags, the veneer, the patterns…did I mention those LABELS? Swoon.
Okay, that’s it for today. I am going to try to make Nom Nom Paleo’s Meatloaf Muffins tonight. Wish me luck!
What do you have planned for this week?