So if there’s one thing I’m good at when it’s miserably hot and when I’m hugely pregnant…it’s watching Netflix. Let’s call it a talent.
I thought that today I’d share my 20 favorite TV shows and movies that are streaming on Netflix as we speak. Hopefully some of you are addicts like I am and you will find this helpful!
1. Short Term 12 – This movie really got to me. I think of it often and recommend it every time someone says they’ve watched everything on Netflix
2. Chef – If you’ve read this blog for a while, you’ve heard me talk about this movie. It’s excellent.
3. Parenthood– One of the best written shows…period. I’m so sad it’s over. I love the Braverman family and miss them terribly.
4. Breakfast at Tiffany’s- some Holly Golightly is always good for the soul. This is the movie that made me first fall in love with Audrey Hepburn
5. Roman Holiday- My very favorite Audrey Hepburn movie. I never get tired of it and I cry every time.
6. Finding Neverland- Saw this in the theater when it was first released. It’s the story of JM Barrie, who wrote Peter Pan. Great film.
7. Planes, Trains, & Automobiles- Gosh, I miss John Candy so much. This movie is often quoted in our house and makes me laugh until I cry every time.
8. Amelie- Also on my favorite movies list. A gem of a French movie. Quirky and heartwarming.
9. Beginners- I love a good independent film. This one has great character arcs.
10. Breaking Bad- The best series of all time. Period.
11. Beyond the Lights- Just watched this one the other day and loved it. If you liked Love and Basketball you will enjoy this one.
12. Punch Drunk Love – This one gets me right in the heart every time.
13. The Queen of Versailles- I really don’t know how to explain this documentary. It’s unbelievable…I think I had my mouth open the whole time I watched it. Just watch it.
14. (Three listed as one) Mean Girls,Legally Blond,Clueless Three of my favorite “chick flick” comedy classics.
15. Hugo – We watched this for family movie night but every single one of us ended up loving it.
16. Silver Linings Playbook – quirky, okay seriously weird, and just plain entertaining.
17.House of Cards 18. Orange is the New Black 19. The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt- all of these Netflix original series are great. Probably wouldn’t watch them if bad language and adult content upsets you.
20. Ever After:a Cinderella Story– I don’t care if it’s cheesy…i have ALWAYS loved this version of the Cinderella story. Luckily my love has been passed on to the girls.
So there you have it- my absolute favorite films and shows streaming on Netflix right now. Enjoy…go forth and BINGE !