Here are the "rules" (same as always):
Add your link ANY time. There's no time limit on this. :)
1. Blog whatever is authentic. Whatever is truly on your mind and in your heart.
2. It can be serious, silly, short, long. NOTE:No one said it has to be serious. But it should be authentic.
3. No judging allowed no snarky comments, no making fun, no passive agressive digs.If you are going to read the blogs linked below, don't be mean. Nothing here is whining, though I can't help it if you perceive it that way. It's me honestly sharing my feelings. if you feel that it's whining, then you don't have to read. :)
4. If you BYH, link back here. I'll add an Inlinkz tool at the end of the post. I always read and comment on every single post.
5. Feel free to use the graphic above. Just make sure to link back to me.
1. I stopped doing the diet portion of the Whole Life Challenge a couple of weeks ago. I still exercise daily but I've started eating dairy and wheat and flour and sugar (in moderation) again. I think that the challenge is too long and I was ready to control my diet. I do still need to exercise daily and I would ideally like to live my life following the diet about 70/30.
2. The teachers at C and L's Italian preschool asked my friend if there was a risk of our children giving their children Ebola. Apparently the parents think there is. I can't even respond to this level of stupidity properly...so just imagine me doing the slow blink. Just.No.
3. I can't even believe that I can honestly say that I've come to love and crave exercise. My absolute favorite is spin. I also take a Boot Camp class I really like too and I enjoy CrossFit now and then as well. My favorite all time class was Barre and that's not offered here but I SO WISH it was. And I know there are videos- but I'm simply not a "work out on your own" type of person. I need the community and accountability of group exercise.
4. I didn't even get out my fall decorations this year. I don't really miss them honestly. I think that it was just one more thing that was going to stress me out, so I skipped it. This time of year is nuts and I'm removing any extras that take away time from things I really need to focus on. That means no Christmas cards either.
5. I hate that at 37 years old I am STILL learning that I can't trust everyone. The extrovert/people-pleaser in me wants to think everyone is my friend but that's simply not true. I get that some people just aren't going to like me but I wish at some point in my life I would stop caring if they don't. And I also wish that I would stop investing my feelings so much. Why can't I have the J "who cares?" mentality about stuff like that? I wasn't interested in drama at 16 and I'm certainly not interested now. Sigh.
6. I am sad more people haven't come to visit us. Our time here is halfway through and I thought more people would make it over. I am so excited to see my brother and his wife and J's brother and his wife soon. My SILs are like sisters to me!
7. I was going to blog about iPhone photography and my favorite editing app, but Kelly did it 10x better than I ever would have, so go read her post!
8. I have had five boxes to mail to friends sitting in my scrap room for months. Seriously. A towering pile of stuffed-to-the-gills flat rate boxes that just sit there mocking me. What is my problem?
9. I am going to attempt a December Daily album this year but it will be super non-traditional as I'm not sure how much "holiday" stuff we'll be doing. I'll be using the Gossamer Blue kit again.
10. I miss J! Yes, he's here but I've been seeing him about half an hour a day and I feel like we never get to have a "real" conversation. One of the many things I love and respect about him is his work ethic but (as I've said before) I really fight being angry at the Army sometimes! I want, more than anything, to just be able to really talk to him for a little bit. When you just have a handful of minutes each day you talk about the pressing stuff (bills, kids, appointments, work stuff) and not the other stuff. I miss talking about the other stuff!
Okay, that's it for this month. I really hope some of y'all will join in. I love connecting each time I do this!