seven reasons he is the love of my life:
1. he can make me laugh like nobody else in this world. i have literally both: a. fallen down and b. peed my pants from laughing at him before. he seems so introverted and shy, and then when you really know him...really, like no one else knows him, he is witty and clever and so dang funny.
2. he loves with all of his heart. wholly and fully. our marriage is not always perfect. whose is? but he loves me so very much. even when we are frustrated, he never calls me hateful words or says anything spiteful. neither do i. we love each other too much. and you can't take words like that back. he loves me and respects me.
3. he makes me feel safe. every night when he is home, i can sleep without worry. when he is away, i worry...but he is there keeping me safe. keeping my children safe. he is strong and brave and he does what he does to keep us safe.
4. he gets me. he can tell how i'm feeling and what i'm thinking just by looking at me. we can pretty much have a whole conversation without saying a single word. he knows what i need. whether i need to be left alone or whether i just need to be held.he will just listen. or talk. and he's never afraid to say he's sorry. nor is he afraid to wait patiently for me to say i'm sorry.
5. he is the best father i've ever seen. i have fallen in love with him a little bit more with each child we have. he's loving, fun, protective, silly, wild, gentle, stern, a pushover, fierce, tender. he adores them.
6. he isn't afraid to admit he's not perfect. to admit he has things to work on, that we have things we could be better at. no facade of perfection. no expectations. just love.
7. he is my best friend. my secret-keeper, my cheerleader, my make-out buddy. :) the holder of my heart.
happy seventh anniversary, jimmy.
i love you!