***giveaway still open below!! ***
so here's how this works. monthly i will post this challenge to you. it's a pretty simple challenge. blog your heart. HONESTLY. it can be silly, funny, serious, short or long...whatever you want it to be. as long as it is authentic.
no judging on what is shared. :) also you don't have to blog, you can share in the comments.
last month i read every single entry (and commented) that was posted here. i will do the same every month. but you have to post a working link for me to do so. :)
please feel free to use the graphic above...but please link back to this post!
here's my heart this month.
1. i have completely fallen off of the exercise bandwagon. completely. i have only worked out 3x since jimmy came home. i am FURIOUS with myself. i feel bad about myself, i'm not fitting in clothes i was fitting in, i feel sloppy. i keep telling myself "next week i'll start again" and i never do. i've had enough. it is absolutely RIDICULOUS that i have reversed all of the hard work i did this summer.
2. i have horrible nails. i bite them and there is never polish on them. the last manicure i got was the day before my wedding.
3. i have this weird thing where i really don't want to like what EVERYONE is nuts over at the moment. if there is a tv show, movie or book (twilight!!!) or gadget (cameo!) that everyone is tweeting/blogging/talking about, for some reason it makes me not want to get sucked into the hoopla. i know. ridiculous. but i've always been like that. lots of times i give in (iPad), lots of times i don't (twilight,harry potter).
4.this is going to sound nuts to you guys, but i'm a better mother when J is gone. i am more patient. you see, when i KNOW someone is coming home at the end of the night i am less patient. i know i have reinforcements soon. :) when he is gone, i know there is no help coming, no rest for the weary...and i am much better with the girls. i know, crazy huh?
5. i worry way too much (in my head) i am always thinking of things that could happen to the girls and it terrifies me. it's enough to make me want to keep them wrapped in the safe bubble wrap confines of our home forever. but of course this is ridiculous. luckily, this is in my head and not projected or verbalized.
6. i need to work on my faith. i pray steadfastly, but i need to fit in quiet time. i need to join a small group. i need to grow.
7. i want my girls to love reading like i do. i want them to LONG for a good book...to escape into a story the way i do. harper is not reading (completely) yet. i'm fine with that. she can read plenty of words. i vowed i would never be that teacher turned mom who pushed my children. i just REALLY want her to learn to read so that she can fall in love with it. we just started charlotte's web and she loves it.
8. a lot of times i read other blogs and feel inadequate. don't get me wrong...i LOVE my life and feel very blessed. but i do not have a home straight out of a magazine, i don't travel, i'm not always impeccably dressed. i don't have it all together. the thing is, i realize they probably don't either. and that makes me feel better. i will never be that girl. i'm not sure i would want to be that girl. but sometimes i think i want to!
okay, that's it for today. that's what's on my heart.
what about you? spread the word, and link in the comments.