hey y'all! so i know i've been pretty absent lately...
life's just really full and crazy right now. in a great way. :)
lots of company and getting ready for italy. i cannot BELIEVE that june is our last month in this house. i'm equal parts terrified and exhilarated.
i was sitting here drinking my coffee and thinking about how i really wanted to blog. but I couldn't figure out what to blog about.
looking back through my photos from the past few months, i realized i haven't talked much about our favorite places in newport.
so that's what i'm talking about today. is anyone interested in reading this? i have no idea. HA! but i thought it might be fun.
here are some of our favorite places to visit in and around newport.
1. The Cliff Walk - we almost always take visitors here. the ocean, 40 steps, walking by the most gorgeous houses in newport...you just can't beat it.
2. Ocean Drive.- breathtakingly beautiful. the beaches are lovely, the homes are amazing. it never gets old.
4. Anthony's- best seafood in town. hands down. i have had their lobster rolls 2918302840238 and i NEVER get tired of them. so so SO good.
6. Purgatory Chasm- the best place to have a picnic.
7.Newport Creamery- i don't even want to begin to try to count the number of Awful Awfuls we've consumed this past year.
8.Fort Wetherill- can't even put this place into words. creepy, beautiful, decayed, amazing.
9. Sachuest Point Wildlife Refuge- peaceful and beautiful.
10. Favorite Restaurants
Best Seafood/Best Chowder- Anthony's (see above)
Best Bakery- The French Confection
Best Pad Thai- Siam Square
Best Date Night/Best Tacos- Tallulah on Thames . hint- you can find the food truck at the Farmer's Market!
Best New Restaurant- Muse by Jonathan Cartwright
Best Creme Brulee/Steak Frites: White Horse Tavern
Best Margarita (Blood Orange)- Diego's
Best Nachos- Brick Alley Pub
Best Burger- Boss Man
Whew!! There you have it. All of our favorites. We have LOVED living here. It was like a year long vacation and it has been an absolute New England dream!
Happy Monday, y'all!