1. Is now scared of pregnant people. She looked at me, horrified, and yelled "YOU ATE ME?" when I was talking about the fact that she shared my tummy with her sister.
2. Constantly has her shoes on the wrong feet.
3. Likes to mess up her room and then tell me gypsies did it. Um...what?
4. Is the sweetest little thing. She likes to tell me "You so pwetty and bwave, I love you mommy!". Ohhhhh my heart.
5. Wears a headband every day. She has short hair now, thanks to a gum incident, and even though I hate the way it happened...it truly suits her.
1. Has grown out of almost everything in her closet. Pants? too short. Shoes? Too small. Shirts? Show the tummy. Hello long legs.
2. Is a voracious reader. She also loves writing. Math...well she finds math infuriating and confusing. I identify so much with her. We are working on staying CALM and working through math problems one at a time.
3. LOVES Taylor Swift (as does Sadie). I've promised I'll take them to a concert and she is so excited.
4. Writes songs all the time. She's constantly singing a song she's written.
5. Is a hoarder. She has a million stuffed animals all placed juuuust so. Goodness forbid I move one of them. She has vignettes set up all over her room and holds on to every letter anyone has ever written her, every keepsake she's ever found or bought. It's like Scout and her box on To Kill a Mockingbird...but the entire room is her box of treasures.
1. Is so encouraging and loving. He came to CrossFit class with me a couple of weeks ago and was so sweet to me. I had a hard time (yeah, ended up upchucking more than once) with the workout and he was right by my side cheering me on. He finished the entire WOD and then waited for me and ran by my side when I was trying to finish the last run. This is the kind of romance I love.
2. Is in Germany and I miss him so much.
3. Works harder than anyone I've ever known. When he's actually in town for work he's out the door before 4 am and home after 8 pm. Many days closer to 10 pm. And most days he doesn't eat. Sometimes I worry about him, but that's nothing new.
4. Is dead set on going to see The Black Keys when they come to Milan this February. He's super passionate about music and I love that about him.
5. Is a lover of college football and has such a hard time being in Italy during football season. I foresee many late nights as he watches games on AFN in real time!
1. Likes to cross her arms and yell "NO FAIW (fair" at me followed by a HMPH! I just laugh.
2. Loves fruit. Peaches, blueberries, apples, bananas, oranges, pears, strawberries...you name it, she'll eat it.
3. Likes to wear a skirt with a dress on top of it with a princess dress on top of the normal dress. Also usually a hat (sometimes a swim cap).
4. Made me laugh until I cried yesterday. When having the "you were in my tummy at the same time as your sister" convo with Cate...you know "YOU ATE ME" and all that...Lucy wrinkled her nose and I asked what was wrong and she said "It was stinky in dere, in your tummy???". Bahahahahahha!
5. Completely charmed the socks off of her new teacher when we met her yesterday. She wore her princess dress (of course) and her teacher fawned over her the entire time. Italian school here she comes!
1. Will be continuing gymnastics this year. She practices OBSESSIVELY. Backbends, walkovers, roundoffs, headstands allll.day.long.
2. Has become a great little reader. She cannot read Captain Underpants yet, but keeps the whole stack by her bed and "reads them" nonstop, usually while snickering. Why am I not surprised that this series spoke to her???
3. Still tries to climb in bed with me almost every night when J is gone. She usually succeeds. My willpower is nonexistent in the middle of the night and she's so darn sweet I can't say no.
4. Asked me not to embarrass her the other day. I asked what I did to embarrass her and she said (ticking these items off on her fingers) 1. Sing loud 2. Dance 3. Say WHAT WHAT??? (when she said this, she mimicked me doing the "raise the roof" motion). Um I don't do that DO I? DO I? Oh wait...I think I do. Sh*^ I definitely do that. I am embarrassed at myself right now.
5. Made a list of things that scare her. It said 1.spiders 2.gypsies 3. bad guys 4. italians that i don't know who try to hug me and pinch my cheeks too much.
1. Officially starts the Whole Life Challenge on September 13. Goodbye pasta, sugar, and dairy. Hello daily exercise, fish oil, stretching, and water intake. It's going to be a long 8 weeks but hopefully life changing.
2. Turned 37 on August 31. Feeling strong and happy.
3. Hasn't had much time for reading lately. Exercise took reading's place.
4. Needs to get into another Italian class, or find a tutor. Stat.
5. Is currently obsessed with Sam Smith. Goosebumps head to toe.
I am also apparently very succinct when it comes to talking about myself. HA! That's what I get for putting myself last. I've run out of steam. Snort.
Love y'all- Ciao!