Whew! I haven't done one of these in a looooong time have I? I have been doing all of my book recs and "what I'm reading" photos through my reading only Instagram account (@whatstephreads) and through my Goodreads page.
But I thought I'd do an update here, too. It's been so long I'm not going to share alllll the books I've read, I'm just going to share some favorites from the past few months as well as what I'm up to now.
Recently Read and Loved/Highly Enjoyed:
1. Finding Jake by Bryan Reardon -really good but also very sad. Similar to We Need to talk About Kevin but with a twist.
2. The Lover's Dictionary by David Levithan - a couple's love story told in an innovative way...through dictionary entries. I devoured it in one short sitting. It was nice to read something different.
3. Where They Found Her by Kimberly McCreight - Not an all-time fave but a good twisty summer read.
4. Whiskey & Charlie by Annabel Smith- Lovely, touching, and so clever with the title of each chapter. Realistic portrayal of the complicated relationships we have.
5. Inside the O'Briens by Lisa Genova- Beautiful, heartbreaking, and gut wrenching. Huntington's disease is a cruel monster but reading about the way that this big, love filled, loud family dealt with it was a joy. Must read.
6. We Are Called To Riseby Laura McBride - This one sucked me in and stole my heart. The military connection is probably a big reason for that but I just thought it was wonderful.
1. Case Histories by Kate Atkinson
2. The Secret Wisdom of the Earth by Christoper Scotton
3. A Paris Apartment by Michelle Gable
4. The Animals by Christian Kiefer
5. Silver Girl by Elin Hildebrand
On My Radar/Waiting for at Library:
1. A Man Called Ove by Fredrick Backman
2. The Royal We by Heather Cocks
3. Why Not Me by Mindy Kaling
4. Luckiest Girl Alive by Jessica Knoll
5. The Versions of Us by Laura Barnett
There you go! The summer version of what I'm reading. As always, I'd love to hear what you are reading, fellow bookworms!!