For an initial recap, including my level (lifestyle), why I started this challenge, and more about the WLC...you can read my first WLC blog post HERE.
So I'm now officially into week two of the Whole Life Challenge. Saturday marked the end of week one. For those of you who are interested, I want to share some thoughts and reflections.
Stats After Week 1
-A handful of lbs. lost
-1/2 inch lost in waist
-3/4 inch lost in hips
-visible difference in belly bloat/fat
What I've Noticed Physically and Emotionally
- I sleep better, no 3-4 AM insomnia zone. I've had one my entire life and it's simply gone.
- No 3 PM crash/desire to nap
- No headaches
- No digestive issues (I had quite a few of these before).
- I've had a really hard time getting the 10 minutes of mobility (stretching) in. I don't know why, but it's been my biggest challenge.
- I have had some pretty massive cravings. One night I wanted chocolate so badly...I cried. I wish I was kidding but I'm not. Luckily, these saved me. Gave me just enough "sweet" to tide me over.
- Strangely, I haven't really missed bread or cheese. But potatoes? Oh my. I miss those suckers.
- I felt pretty bad the first few days. Hungover is the best way to describe it. I was also NOT very nice. Sorry Jimmy.
- I am fighting getting bored. I need to find more variety in my diet. I am SO TIRED of coconut, eggs, and almonds.
- I've done a little bit of everything. CrossFit, Boot Camp, Spin Class, and Jimmy has designed some KILLER workouts for me. Sprints, to name one. I have also done 30 Day Shred a couple of times. On days where I can't fit in a workout, I run to get the little girls from school and then run them back in the stroller. One day (I'm not even kidding here) I speed-walked uphill with the double stroller while singing Taylor Swift's Shake it Off at the top of my lungs.
I've learned that (for me) variety is KEY.
-I'm drinking 1/3 of my weight in ounces. Which was hard at the beginning, but now I LOVE it and crave it.
- This bottle is my favorite (we have two). It is the easiest to track my water with.
- As soon as I wake up, I drink a few ounces of water and take my Fish Oil supplement.
Favorite Recipes Week One:
- Lazy Sunday Casserole (omit potatoes or substitute sweet potatoes)
I earned some Cheat tokens and a rest day token and you'd better bet I spent those points on pizza, baby. Best pizza I've ever tasted. Pretty sure I moaned the entire time I ate it!
So there you have it- My week one wrap up!
Only 7 more to go? AYIYI!
***links throughout post are affiliate