I was tagged by the sweet (and crazy talented) Brenda Weaver to do a fun blog tour! If you need card inspiration head to her blog immediately. She never ceases to amaze me.
1. What are you working on right now? I think the question should be what am I NOT working on? I feel like I'm juggling a million ideas and projects right now. Layouts, Barcelona Mini Album, a Paris mini album, a Disney album from 2009 that has never materialized, wanting to hop back on the PL train, Artifact Uprising books from every trip we've taken. And on, and on and on and on.
2. How long does it take you to create a project? Um do you really want to know? Months???
I used to be the queen of quick. 15 minutes...wham, bam, thank you ma'am. Not so much these days. Projects sit on my desk for weeks, days, months.
Everyone says it gets crazier as your kids get older. And of course I thought that was b.s. And of course it's true. I wouldn't trade it for anything but I'm looking forward to getting some creative time in when all four are in school (next week!!!)
3. What are your favorite things to create with at the moment? I'm totally basic and probably horribly out of style/not even remotely trendy. And I don't care! I still love doilies and butterfies. Label stickers, floral chipboard accents, Thickers, and a few enamel dots here and there. I don't even own a die cutting machine!
4. How does your writing/creating process work? 1. Get inspired (usually by something beatiful and Italian OR by something funny my girls say or do). 2. Run to craft room, forget what I was doing, leave craft room. 3. Remember what I wanted to do, go back to craft room. 4. Gather supplies. 5. Phone rings, leave room and forget all about what I was doing. 6. Repeat Step 3. 7. Print photos, hear girls screaming, leave craft room and forget what I was doing. 8. Repeat Step 3 9.Glue some stuff down and leave layout on desk for 3 months.
5. How do you become inspired and stay inspired? Italy inspires me beyond compare. The sights, scents, sounds...you name it. It's 24/7 inspiration. Lately the design team at Gossamer Blue are really inspiring too. It's the most amazing team.
6. What your signature style? classic, simple, girlie, romantic.
That was fun! Thanks for the creative nudge, Brenda! Now I'm tagging three of my favorite scrapbookers. You're next ladies!
1. Jenni Bowlin - I think anyone who's read my blog for any amount of time knows how I feel about Jenni. She's the real deal. Just as kind as she is talented...and not an ugly or mean bone in her body. She's one of the big reasons I fell in love with this hobby.
2.Jamie Waters-I have loved Jamie's layouts for years. 8 years to be exact. I had almost all of her layouts saved at Two Peas (RIP). The way she used bits and pieces + her handwriting...perfection. I am SO happy that she's back to scrapbooking these days.
3.Liz Kartchner- Everything she makes is just happy, vibrant, and downright beautiful. Her creative drive always amazes me (she's a fellow mama to four!) and she's sweet as pie.
That's it for today, have a beautiful Monday!