*This post contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links. Thank you so much for helping to support my little family!
Now that I’ve been a BOTM subscriber for 11 months, I thought I’d share my thoughts on the club and how it’s changed my reading game. Spoiler alert: I love it and it’s been worth every penny.
Full disclosure: I recently announced that I’ve become a BOTM book ambassador. This means that the company will be sending me three of the five selections early each month so that I can read them and share thoughts with you to help you place your order at the beginning of each month. HOWEVER. I am writing this post based on 11 months of being a paying subsriber of BOTM.
For those of you who haven’t heard me discuss this before, here’s a little overview of Book of the Month Club in a nutshell:
BOTM is a monthly reading/book subscription box that offers newly released (often released before anyone else can get their hands on them) hardback books. You are given five choices every month and you select the book you’d most like to read.
You have the opportunity to skip a month if none of the books appeal to you. Also, you can add an additional book to your box for $9.99.
When you join for the first time, BOTM offers 3 standard enrollment offers:
- 1-month for $10.00
- 2-months for $10 per month, then $15 per month
- 3-months for $10 per month, then $15 per month
All membership plans automatically renew, but you can cancel anytime.
If you were previously a member, and are looking to rejoin BOTM, they offer 3 re-enrollment plans.
- 3-months for $14.99 per month
- 6-months for $13.99 per month
- 12-months for $11.99 per month
For both new members and former members, special offers, different from those listed above, are occasionally made available through email and our partners, like magazines, blogs, and Instagramers.
If you read my Reading Recap posts each month, I often have coupon codes.
I actually have a fun deal for y’all today!! This June, new members can receive The Identicals by Elin Hilderbrand, Theft by Finding by David Sedaris, or The Ministry of Utmost Happiness by Arundhati Roy for free with any membership by using the code FREEBOOK.
Overall Thoughts: It’s worth it. Totally worth the small cost to spoil myself and give myself joy. I look forward to the box every single month and this isn’t an exaggeration. Reading is something I will never ever fall out of love with. Treating myself to this small pleasure has been one of my best and smartest acts of self care. It may seem like an added/unneccesary expense but it has NEVER been that to me. I have never been great at taking care of myself and this is one of the steps I’ve taken to change that.
My favorite things about BOTM:
- I’m often exposed to books I would have NEVER chosen on my own.
- Even when I’m not sure I will love the selection, it ends up being something that I’m so glad I read and something I think about long after I finish it, whether or not I give it five stars.
- The pleasure and joy that holding a special book in my hands brings me.
- The community of friends that also use BOTM has introduced me to. I love discussing my thoughts with passionate readers like Ali and Jessica.
- I now have a LOT of books. Sometimes too many. But I will donate them to libraries and shelters and friends of the library and I will take them to half price books. I send them to friends and pass them to fellow book lovers. I will use them as gifts. So not sure this is really a con.
- Sometimes I have a hard time choosing. I tend to pick the one I like best and put the other four on hold at the library.
Okay, not sure EITHER of these are cons at all. HA! Like I told you, I’ve loved every month with BOTM.
- Treat Yo’Self to the whole shebang. I’m not kidding. It’s worth it.
- Treat a friend. This makes a unique and special gift.
- Try it out for only a month for $10 and see what you think.
- Find past selections at your library and see what you think.
Overall Score- A+
This has been my favorite discovery in a LONG long time.
Have a beautiful day!